Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.


Thursday, March 12, 2015

New oil painting "Bolivar Rising" by Mark Nesmith


Bolivar Rising
Mark Nesmith
Oil on Canvas
15" x 30"
2015
Click here to purchase this painting.
When we were packing up to move I stumbled upon this forgotten beach painting I started 4 or 5 years ago. I wasn't happy with it and never finished it but I kept it around thinking I'd get back to it someday. A week or two ago I started playing around on it. After two or three afternoons at the easel, I'm finally happy with it. The sky casts a warm, radiant glow and I think I've managed to catch a bit of the calm rhythm of the waves I feel when sunrise wakes the coast. This painting really has me dreaming of warmer weather and salty breezes. Sometimes digging up the past yields new treasure.

No comments:

LinkWithin