Shell Fantasy...Watermedia..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews


As with so many artists, I have bounced along in my long journey through my art.I work from realism to abstraction, many times, both these genres are apparent in any one piece.

I have been looking through my archives and found a few pieces I had not posted before.

Some are sold now, hopefully still hanging in client's homes.

It's interesting to look back at my older works, some of which I am very embarrassed about now, and the fact that I sold them. :((

In those days, it was just a thrill to have anyone take an interest in my work. It still is, but in my early days of painting I was not that discerning.. Yikes!

This piece, (which I liked by the way), was done back in 1990 or earlier I think, It sold the day I did it, and I regret that I did not have a decent photo of it at all. Until my search today through old photos, I had almost forgotten about it.

It was a full sheet of watercolor paper. I used watercolor mostly, and some white ink to make the lighter intriguing areas, a technique I went on to doing in several paintings later, up to the present day.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my trip down MEMORY LANE


Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com


Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews

or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com
.

Comments