Tears of Joy by Kay Wyne


Tears of Joy
12" x 24" Oil on Heavy Duty Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Still Life Painting
"Tears of Joy" didn't happen overnight.  I had originally painted a landscape with aspens on the canvas in a thin wash.  Not satisfied with the colorful landscape, I mixed a muddy pinky-beige color and started all over.  I loosely painted a vase and long stemmed roses, making it abstract.  After looking at it for a couple of months, I put a few more touches on it with thinned-down paint, letting the paint run down the canvas. I have suggested a vase filled with water and flowers, letting the viewer's eye fill in the negative space.  I limited the colors to pinks, corals and greens.  Framing is optional-all four sides of the canvas are painted.  Here is a close-up of one of the flowers.
I thought that the drips on the canvas looked like tears....but not sad tears.  "Tears of Joy" is looking for a new home!  The contemporary still life painting would make a lovely statement in a bedroom or bathroom.  Contact Kay for purchasing info.  Thanks for looking!  Kay

Comments