Untitled Floral Still Life by Kay Wyne


Untitled Floral Still Life
16" x 20" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Contemporary Palette Knife Painting
As an artist, I have many choices when I stand at my easel to paint.  I made some choices when I started with this canvas, but switched gears several times along the way.  I started out placing this canvas horizontally on my easel.  And, I painted a landscape.  I decided it wasn't working for me, so I thought that a vertical still life would work.  But I was using wide brushes, and after several days, made a switch to use a palette knife instead of a brush.  I scrapped the whole painting off, and started all over.  
Here is a couple of close-up shots of the flowers.  The shapes overlap, the knife gives the paint texture and interest.  I need to put a title on this painting, let it dry and varnish it.  Contact Kay for purchasing info.  Thanks, KMW 

Comments