Blaze by Kay Wyne



Blaze
40" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Abstract Painting
It is finished!  I wish I had photos of the progression of this painting.  It has gone through lots of phases.  I worked with oil bars, tubes of oils, after starting with a base coat of turquoise in acrylic.  I used a wide brush throughout most of the painting, along with a palette knife and impasto to give the paint body and texture.
Here's a close-up.  
You can see the layers of color and the texture on the canvas.
I purposely signed the canvas on the sides --- 
as I could not decide if this painting
looked better horizontal or vertical.  So when this painting goes to a new home,
the owner can decide which way to hang.  
I am working on a couple of new abstracts in the studio, but they are in the beginning stages.  Thanks for looking at this blog.  Contact ME for purchasing information.  KMW

Comments