From Terrye Philley's Texas Gulf Coast Studio

For the entirety of my adult life I have been blessed to live within a short distance of the Gulf Coast.   Summer would be incomplete without a trip to the beach.   Walks along the beach, even in the winter, revive my soul.  One of my favorite things I like to do is collect unusual looking shells washed up onto the sandy shore.   I have observed that others are drawn to do this to.   My shells stuffed in a glass jar or in small woven baskets sit on various shelves in my living room throughout the year as happy reminders of days at the beach.   To celebrate this ordinary yet shared activity in life I offer my latest painting.

 
The Shell Collector
20 x 20
Oil on canvas
 
Will be available for sale through my website in a few weeks:
 


Comments