Cavernous Tumble..Pastel.. Texas Artist..Rae Andrews



This painting started as a demo start, only partly done, and I did not want to toss the great paper.

It was a full sheet of reddish  Sennelier paper, which I turned upside down and cut in half so I have two pieces I can work on. (there will be another painting coming up soon from this paper)

I liked the color contrast in the demo, so just went with it.

I wanted to abstract my image (though) and after my France workshop last May and a visit to some amazing caves, I felt this image could be an 'echo' of that .

See all the steps below, to better explain.

This image is 13" x 19.5" unframed

$350 plus S/H

Prints of this image are also available through Fine Art America:




                             Below is a little on the thoughts behind my process. 

As a finished painting the sheet directly below shows the image in all directions. I could still change my mind on this, it's an easy thing to erase my signature and place it elsewhere if I decided to perhaps go with a vertical format, I will have to live with my chosen top image for a few days and see how I feel.









The sheet below is my whole thought process throughout this painting. From an old demo partly done on a full sheet/cut in half/turned upside down/ and then gradually working around the shapes in a new painting.





Thanks for visiting..

Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

                                                         http://raeandrews.com


Comments