Mantled Epoch..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews







Mantled Epoch is cut from the same paper as the previous post. I am glad I stuck with this set of abstracts, always a little worrying to rely on one's design sense, but I do love that 'angst' in my art.

 I began (after I had cut the full sheet in half as with my previous painting) by turning the remaining 'demo' image upside down. 

As I worked by blocking in some hefty darks, I rotated every few minutes, and kept doing that till I settled on a pleasing composition.

Just by rotating the piece as I progressed, I saw so many opportunities evolve. Each rotation looked so different, and the focus became a different area of the painting.

 I had a hard time, as with my previous post, to finally decide which rotation pleased me the most.
Eventually it was this one.

See the process of my thinking below, remember I had no reference with any of these abstracts, I just 'went with the flow' so to speak (pun intended).

This piece is 13" x 19" unframed
It is a pastel on red Sennelier paper.

$350 plus S/H

Prints of this image are also available through Fine Art America:
https://fineartamerica.com/featured/mantled-epoch-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true







See the stages of this painting below..
Thanks for visiting..









Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

                                                         http://raeandrews.com

Comments