Artist membership applications are encouraged, especially from unrepresented regions of Texas. Applicants must paint daily, blog frequently, and reside in the Great State of Texas. To apply email: INFO on Artists Of Texas and include a link to your art blog or web site for jury panel review.


Thursday, October 12, 2017

Mantled Epoch..Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews







Mantled Epoch is cut from the same paper as the previous post. I am glad I stuck with this set of abstracts, always a little worrying to rely on one's design sense, but I do love that 'angst' in my art.

 I began (after I had cut the full sheet in half as with my previous painting) by turning the remaining 'demo' image upside down. 

As I worked by blocking in some hefty darks, I rotated every few minutes, and kept doing that till I settled on a pleasing composition.

Just by rotating the piece as I progressed, I saw so many opportunities evolve. Each rotation looked so different, and the focus became a different area of the painting.

 I had a hard time, as with my previous post, to finally decide which rotation pleased me the most.
Eventually it was this one.

See the process of my thinking below, remember I had no reference with any of these abstracts, I just 'went with the flow' so to speak (pun intended).

This piece is 13" x 19" unframed
It is a pastel on red Sennelier paper.

$350 plus S/H

Prints of this image are also available through Fine Art America:
https://fineartamerica.com/featured/mantled-epoch-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true







See the stages of this painting below..
Thanks for visiting..









Rae works and teaches in all mediums.. please contact her through her website at:

                                                         http://raeandrews.com

No comments:

LinkWithin