New "Springtime at White Rock Lake" Bluebonnet Oil Painting by Niki Gulley

“Springtime at White Rock Lake" ©2019 Niki Gulley
SOLD • 14" x 18" textured oil painting

Just Sold! This might have been one of the best years for the bluebonnets and wildflowers in Texas, including Dallas where we don't usually see many! The explosion of color along roadsides was incredible. I found this prolific patch of bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush just down from my house at White Rock Lake, and I had to capture all of those beautiful blooms before they were gone. This morning started out slightly overcast, and the sun kept peeking in and out of the clouds, creating a soft glow to everything it touched. I wanted to capture that magical light illuminating the lake and accentuating the rows of wildflowers along the hill. It was such a peaceful spot that I wanted that emotion to come through, too. I hope you can feel the joy and tranquility of springtime with the wildflowers abloom in the Texas!

For more details on "Springtime at White Rock Lake" and my other bluebonnet paintings, please e-mail Niki Gulley.

Or, check out my website at nikigulley.com to see more of my contemporary landscape palette knife paintings.

Comments