New "Waves of Wildflowers IV" Texas Hill Country Oil Painting by Niki Gulley

"Waves of Wildflowers IV" Texas Hill Country ©2019 Niki Gulley
12" x 24" textured oil painting

Painted on location in the Texas Hill Country, I was drawn to this expansive mass of yellow wildflowers, stretching all the way from foreground to background. The explosion of sunny color made me feel so happy that I wanted to capture that joy and excitement in my painting. To create that mood, I decided to leave a lot of crimson and gold in the sky to enhance that feeling while using diagonal staccato strokes to suggest energy and drama. Long sweeping shapes that flow across the horizontal panorama canvas add to the peace and happiness of being surrounded by Texas Wildflowers on a beautiful spring day.

For information on my Texas bluebonnet and wildflower series and  to see more of my Texas hill country landscape paintings, please check out NikiGulley.com or http://goodartcompany.com/gacart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=25&sort=20a&page=1&zenid=417ih04llasuk7pl1h0qhj32k1.

E-mail Niki Gulley for more information on her palette knife contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings.

Comments