Skyfall - New Daily Painting of the Sunrise after a Storm by Mark Nesmith

Daily Painting 1/23/2020


Skyfall
by Mark Nesmith
Oil on Canvas
6” X 6”
2020

CLICK to bid in the auction or buy it now.

After finishing a 20" X 20" beach sunrise I'd been working on yesterday I had lots of little piles of lovely color mixed on my palette. I decided to see what I could make of them and was inspired by my morning commute. This daily painting is a view of the sun starting to rise after a stormy night. Our little slice of Texas has been very wet and dreary as of late. I'm often searching for the slightest ray of sunshine above the trees as I drive to Port Neches to drop my son Samuel off for morning workouts before school. Here the warmth of yellows and orange starts to spread from the horizon to the remnants of the cloud front above, bathing the dark, cool clouds with splashes of red. Sunrise is always a welcome sight, but I find it especially exhilarating after a storm. I wanted to keep this one fresh and loose and made myself work quickly, spending just over an hour with my brush. Even amidst the hustle and bustle of rush hour there’s time to look to the skies and appreciate our beautiful world.

Skyfall is an oil painting on 1 1/2” deep gallery wrapped canvas. I’ll finish the edges in a neutral grey and wire the back to hang.

Comments