New "Enchanted Tunnel" Oil Painting by Contemporary Impressionist Niki Gulley

      

       


"Enchanted Tunnel" ©2021 Niki Gulley
16" x 20" textured oil painting on canvas panel

I painted this colorful tree-lined lane on location because I was attracted to the play of light and shadows, and the way the trunks lined up beckoning you down their dappled path. Sunlight bathes the adobe walls filling them with warmth and illuminating the end of your journey. Splashes of color break through the dense canopy above and create shadows that dance with energy and mystery. Utilizing thick paint and palette knife, I also created a lot of texture and movement with my strokes to add to the joyful feeling of painting on this beautiful morning.

If you are in the area, please stop by and visit the gallery to see more of my palette knife western landscape paintings.
Marigold Arts Gallery
424 Canyon Rd.
Santa Fe, NM

E-mail Niki Gulley for more information on my textured oil paintings.

To see more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.



https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/

Comments