Hummingbird Moth by Rebecca Zook


Art Therapy
Post 15

.
This painting of a White-lined Sphinx Moth is...somewhere... It, along with a second piece, was part of a traveling art show that featured pollinators and I decided to focus on the more unusual rather than bees and butterflies. I have pretty much lost track of the pieces at this point. The show was to last 2-years. I'm hoping the moths fly back to me soon.
.
The first time I encountered one of these guys in my own yard, the more common name of hummingbird moth certainly made sense. A hummingbird is exactly what I mistook it for until I got a better look. I'll try to find a video of one and post it in the comments and you'll understand why.
.
A White-lined Sphinx Moth (Hyles lineata) on wild Coral Honeysuckle (Lonicera sempervirens)
SOLD
.
To see all of Rebecca's available work, please visit her website at rebeccazook.com

Like Rebecca on Facebook
Follow Rebecca on Instagram
Commissions available

Comments