New "Floating Expressions" Series Aspen Tree Paintings by Niki Gulley

   


"Floating Expressions" ©2020 Niki Gulley
24" x 24" textured mixed media painting on wrap around canvas, framed in a silver floater frame

My intent in this series of paintings was to explore texture. All of my paintings are loaded with color, but with these I wanted to use just a few colors and focus more on the look and feel of the aspen tree and its intricate peeling bark. I have also allowed my trees to expand beyond the boundaries of the canvas making them appear as if they are moving out of the scene in an almost 3D aspect.  


***

To see more of my contemporary landscape paintings, please visit nikigulley.com.

For more information on my palette knife birch and aspen tree paintings, please e-mail Niki Gulley.


https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/

Comments