"Walk About" Palette Knife Aspen Painting by Niki Gulley

       


"Walk About" ©2021 Niki Gulley
12" x 24" textured mixed media painting 
on 1.5" wrap around canvas with the painting continuing around the edges

I loved this brilliant aspen forest with its bright white aspen trunks slicing through all of the vibrant red and yellow foliage. The patterns of the trees created a sort of rhythm and I focused on the placement of the ivory sentinels, the diagonal purple shadows that they cast and the rustling of the leaves to add to that musical feeling. I hope you, too, can sense the energy and joy of being surrounded by nature as autumn is in full swing.

E-mail Niki Gulley for more information on my birch and aspen tree oil paintings.

To see more of my contemporary impressionistic landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.



https://www.instagram.com/nikigulley/

 

 

 

Comments