"Jessie" ~ watercolor figure by Texas Daily Painter Nancy Standlee


"Jessie"
15" x 22" Watercolor, acrylic, charcoal on paper

In October I took a 3 day figure workshop with Daily Painter, Liz Hill, in Houston. Each morning we had a different model to draw and then we'd paint in the afternoon after the model went home. The models allowed photos to be taken. I've had three more workshops since then and haven't been able to paint and use anything I learned at the figure workshop. So Saturday and Sunday right before the Western Federation deadline, I finally had an opportunity to paint "Jessie" from one of my photographs. Liz draws from live models about three times a week but at this stage in my figure painting I need a photograph. I really enjoy mixing up the media and combining it with the charcoal. I want to pursue this way of working and schedule another Houston trip for the next Liz Hill workshop. Western Fed is a juried art show and allows 3 entries per person and artists will be notified if they got in after the first of the year.

Contact NancyStandlee@sbcglobal.net

Nancy Standlee Art Blog

Comments