Up Tight - Thaw Malin iii

"Up Tight"



"Up Tight" , this is a Small painting, 6"x 8", oil on canvas panel.



It took me a while to find my subject this afternoon. When I stopped painting before Christmas, all the marsh grasses were still standing up straight and tall. Their coloring had maintained its vibrancy. Now, 3 or more snowfalls later, the grasses are flattened and their color is turning gray. But the shrubbery has started to plump out its buds and a subtle color nuance is coming forth. I was cold at the end of my session. Yet, the feelings of winter are no longer strong and the optimism of spring floats easily on the breeze...



If you'd like to purchase, please click Go to my Auction, bidding starts at $100.00 US.


Subscribe to my "New Paintings" mailing list. Each day that I create a new painting it will be sent to your email box.
Other works found at Thaw Malin Art

Comments