Afternoon Break - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Afternoon Break
5x7 inches on Canvas panel
Original Oil Painting
by
George De Chiara


While out collecting reference, I came across a group of brown pelicans sitting on top of some pylons. Most of them where sleeping with their heads resting on their backs. I don't find that a very attractive way to paint them; they look like a ball of feathers. There was this one guy just sitting on his pylon watching the world go by, or maybe he was just waiting for the boats to come back. It's so hard to tell, pelican expressions are subtle at best. Either way, I snapped a few photos of him. I had hoped the sun would come out before he flew off, but it never did. I kind of glad it didn't now because I had a lot fun painting the subtle light in the scene.


To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.


Comments