Fishing Derby - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Fishing Derby
3 inches x 5 inches
Oil on canvas panel
by
George De Chiara


Seagulls are constantly looking for food it seems like. No wonder why they are so hungry, all the searching is bound to work up an appetite! I photographed these guys over Memorial Day weekend in Corpus Christi. The beaches were very crowed and the seagulls spent most of there time flying overhead, occasionally diving into the gulf to snag a fish swimming too close the top of the water. They would only land when they needed a break or when they saw some food they could snap up. I remember being a little disappointed since I really wanted to get some good reference of seagulls on the beach for a few paintings I want to do. Looking back over my reference now I think have what I need.


To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.

Comments