Friendship Blossoms - Floral Still Life by Nancy Medina

Friendship Blossoms by Nancy Medina
8X10
Oil on Museum Quality Linen Board
Available in My Daily Painters Gallery

Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog


I love colorful, floral vases and pots, and have always wanted to paint them, even the elaborate ones. Friendship Blossoms is based on a photo I took in a local restaurant on an evening my best friend Elizabeth and I had a girl's night out. We had to wait quite a while for a table at this little eatery, which has fountains outside for the kiddos to play in, and live music on weekends. We used our cell phones to take turns snapping silly pictures of one another while we waited in the bar, oblivious to the odd stares we were probably receiving. This little floral bouquet was by the back door and I couldn't resist getting some pictures. There is nothing better than having a special girlfriend in your life you can confide in and who is always there to tell you that you look great even when you absolutely know without a doubt you are having a bad hair day.

Comments