Reverie - Sunflowers and Lilacs by Nancy Medina

Reverie Sunflowers and Lilacs by Nancy Medina
16X20
Oil on Museum Quality Linen Board
Daily Painters Gallery

Nancy Medina Art Blog
Nancy Medina Web Site

A new four foot canvas of flowers bested me in the studio today. The orange daylilies and white daisies were at war with one another, and the yellow flowers had all migrated to one corner when I wasn't looking. There was so much to do I set the whole affair aside and picked up a smaller canvas and did something a bit less serious and more fanciful. Reverie Sunflowers was my respite, it is a painting of two favorite subjects, they call to me over and over again, sunflowers and lilacs. I see them often, I probably paint them too often, but they always seem to welcome me with open arms.

I've been having fun today with some of the new features on my art blog. I've added a page for my galleries, my awards, and one for my newsletter, so please sign up so you can get all the exciting art news, with a couple of cute pug pictures sprinkled in for good measure!

Comments