Butternut Glow - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Butternut Glow
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara


I have to admit I was pretty amazed when I cut this open to see the wonderful color inside. I knew when I saw it that I wanted to paint it. After struggling with the arrangement for a while I settled on this. I think I was being a little timid with cutting up the squash, which limited me to what I could do with it. After all, I couldn't put it back together if I made a mistake. When I was done painting, I gave the squash to my wife since she wanted to cook it, and then cleaned up the studio a bit. When I went out to the kitchen, I noticed how nice the arrangement was my wife had made on the cutting board. "I've got to get another one these and try this again", was the first thought to run through my head, which was then followed by my best Homer Simpson "Doh!"



To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.

Comments

Popular Posts