Apricots with Plum 5x7 inches Oil on Canvas Panel by George De Chiara When I noticed that my wife had purchased some apricots at the store, I thought to myself "I've never painted those before" and so I set up this still life. Originally I had included some black grapes, but as I was painting, I thought the whole thing looked a little busy, so I took them out. Although I had a lot of fun with the reflections I had to really spend some time working them out. I only wish I could have included more of the bowl so I could have had even more reflection, but I didn't want the fruit to get too small. To read more about this painting please visit my blog. http://georgedechiara.com/blog Visit my web site to see more of my work. http://georgedechiara.com If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here. |
Deep in the Heart of Texas you can find a vast array of hidden artists from the valley to the plains, to the deep woods in east Texas...to the Gulf and back to the heart of our state in central Texas. art, paintings, oil paintings, watercolor paintings, acrylic, Texas longhorns, horse art, landscapes, flower art, contemporary art, mixed medium, palette knife painting, collages

Comments