Some Weather, Huh? - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Some Weather, Huh?
8x10 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

 The weather here in Texas has been so brutally hot these last few weeks, I couldn't help but think of the beach. Today topped out to 115 degrees, according to my car's thermometer and I think this has been the 22nd out of 23 days that we've topped 100.  The breeziness of the coast would be very welcome now.  That reminded me of the awesome shorebird sanctuary close to the Texas A&M Corpus Christi campus my wife and I visited over our anniversary.  It was a hot, quiet place teeming with brown and white pelicans, egrets, and, more excitingly,Roseate spoonbills.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get a good reference photo of the spoonbills because they were just too far away.  These seagulls were much more bold and I think they knew they were safe there enjoying that hot day at the beach. There they were, just sitting in the water without a care in the world About half way through painting this I thought, these seagulls must occasionally say to each "Some weather we're having, huh?", which is were the title came from.


To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.

Comments