KATIE'S VASE WITH FLOWERS by Linda Popple

8x6 Oil on Canvas Panel

Click HERE to visit my blog.

I wanted to try a different support and found a canvas panel from Raymar in my stacks of panels. It defintely feels different and it took quite a while to become accustomed to a little more texture than the smooth gessobord I normally use. At this point I still prefer the gessobord, but I am going to paint once in a while on the canvas panel as it does bring a distinct texture to the painting. I ordered some panels for Carol Marine's workshop I will be attending next month (can't wait!) so I will have some here to play with when I feel like it. They will be used as well as the gessobords from Ampersand I will bring. What are your favorite supports? Does the size of the painting determine the type of support you use?

Comments

Popular Posts