Oakland Lake 5x7 inches Oil on Canvas Panel by George De Chiara Today's painting was a fast one. I only had about an hour to paint this before I had to rush off to pick up my daughter at day care. This little park is only about 15 minutes from our house, but this was the first time I had gone there. It has a small lake, which is what I painted today, and lots of open ground. I want to go back as the fall color starts to change and maybe try a different view. I'm not sure why, but I had trouble with glare today. I tried painting this while sitting on a park bench, but the reflection on the canvas was terrible. I finally went back to standing. For me, it just works better if I stand. I feel I have more energy in my work when I'm standing and I can step back freely and check my progress. To read more about this painting please visit my blog. http://georgedechiara.com/blog Visit my web site to see more of my work. http://georgedechiara.com Contact me. |
Deep in the Heart of Texas you can find a vast array of hidden artists from the valley to the plains, to the deep woods in east Texas...to the Gulf and back to the heart of our state in central Texas. art, paintings, oil paintings, watercolor paintings, acrylic, Texas longhorns, horse art, landscapes, flower art, contemporary art, mixed medium, palette knife painting, collages
Comments