Tractor Shed - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Tractor Shed
10x8 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

t seems all this week I've been painting water and trees in one form or another. I was ready for a change today. Determined to find some sort of structure to paint today, I went to several different locations searching for a subject that I could paint. At the end of my search was Cedar Hill State Park where I found this building. Actually, I had picked a different building to paint. I even blocked it in before deciding that I wasn't happy with neither the my view of the subject nor my composition, so I wiped it off my canvas. It was then that I noticed this little building right next to me with an old tractor in it. I was drawn to the shadows and the way that just the front of the tractor caught the afternoon light. With a slight turn of my easel and turning my canvas vertically, I was off and painting. My brushed danced across the canvas and mixed colors as if I wasn't even there. I love days like this!

To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.


Comments

David Forks said…
Nicely painted George.

Popular Posts