Waiting for a Bite - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Waiting for a Bite
8x10 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Lake Arlington has a few piers to fish off of and a pretty amount of shore line that's easy to access.  The water is nice and people speed by on boats and jet skis all day long.  There are a few spots that I think would make good paintings so it was hard to choose what to paint. Then I spotted this fisherman at the end of one of the piers and knew that's what I wanted to paint today. I set up on the shore and got to painting quickly since I didn't know how long he would be there or how much he would move. Luckily, the fishing was slow, so he stayed pretty still for about 20 minutes, which was just enough time to get a good block in before he packed up his stuff and left. After he was gone, I worked on the rest of the painting by finishing off the water and the background. When I stepped back to check my work, I wasn't happy with the head I had painted.  It just didn't look right, so I scraped it off and painted the head of one of the other fisherman still on the pier instead. Between the two of them, it seems to have worked out very well.

To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.

Comments

Popular Posts