Lake Weatherford Boat Docks - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Lake Weatherford Boat Dock
5x7 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

My wife works in Weatherford, an up-and-coming little burg just outside of the metroplex. For most of it's life, Weatherford has been a town that served the ranches that surround it.  You can't stop progress though and slowly, but surely, this place seems like it is on the verge of being swallowed by DFW.  So this morning I joined Marcie for the ride to work intent on painting the rural sights before they all get developed away.  After dropping her off at the college and looking at different areas, I finally settled on Lake Weatherford to paint this view of some of the private boat docks. There's a little curve in the lake where the land goes out a bit and offers this view of these docks. This little spot is public access to the lake, so I was able to set up there and have a great view. I even had a large tree to give me some shade while I painted, so what more could you ask for? 

To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.

Comments

Popular Posts