Peaches and Plums - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Peaches and Plums
8x10 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

 This isn't what I set out to paint today. I was really in the mood to do a landscape, so I packed up the car with all of my painting supplies and headed out to a spot that I thought would be good for painting. After driving around for an hour looking at different places, I didn't find anything that really struck me so I headed home. I found this bowl of fruit sitting on the kitchen counter that I was playing around with last night and decided to paint it instead. I'm not sure how they managed to grow peaches so large, but these are almost the size of a softball. I prefer the both the look and taste of smaller ones because they seem more natural, but these are what were at the store this week. In order to keep them from looking disproportionate to the plum, I shrunk their size a little, making them a touch smaller then they are in real life.

To read more about this painting please visit my blog.
http://georgedechiara.com/blog

Visit my web site to see more of my work.
http://georgedechiara.com

If you would like to purchase this painting visit my auction here.


Comments

Popular Posts