Fly Sunflowerscape by Texas Artist Nancy Medina

Fly Sunflowerscape by Nancy Medina
24X30
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas

Shop in My Daily Painters Gallery
Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog

Fly Sunflowerscape is a scene from my youth on a 20-acre organic farm in East Texas, a place that had red dirt roads and only five houses for 30 square miles. My family settled there in 1969, moving from St. Louis after my father's job at Western Union relocated him to their Texas office.
While working full-time jobs, my parents decided to build their own dream of a working farm, planting acres of crops in their evening and weekend hours, with the help of an excellent and free labor force of four healthy daughters. I remember sitting in the dirt beneath rows of giant sunflowers, watching the sun stream through their petals. I always knew that as soon as I was old enough, I would fly away from that farm. But every moment I was away, I knew I would come back. Texas was home, because my family is here. I am lucky to have had such a journey, but I am blessed to be home.

Comments