On my easel, unfinished West of Denver, Estes Park

This is the latest incarnation of this painting. I used a "source" photograph from a trip I took to Denver last year. I think it is or is near Estes Park. I am, for the most part, pleased with the foreground, but I know I need to do some work on the sky/mountain. I used a palette knife for the most part, but could not get the detail I wanted in the foreground without a brush. I felt that there was a disconnect between the foreground and background, so I made the sky purple, I am not at all sure about this. I also wanted a light orange "glow" around the top of the mountain and I am not happy with what I have. After coming home and viewing this piece, I feel, at the very least, I need to make the purple darker on the right.....if I decide to keep the purple. Comments welcome.

Comments