Purple Studio Irises by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Purple Studio Irises
by Nancy Medina
12X12
Oil on Canvas Panel

Shop in My Daily Painters Gallery
Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog

Purple Studio Irises is a new work drying on the easel in Flower Mound Studio, and it's been an eventful week here. Mom is back in the hospital after she suffered a fall at home on Friday, but the good news is that she is doing very well. She has to use her oxygen all the time now, and the cord for her oxygen got tangled in her recliner Friday morning and she fell trying to untangle it. Fortunately, my aunt and my niece were there, and my niece (who is partially deaf) heard mom ringing her bell and woke up and came downstairs to help mom up and call for help. We are hoping she'll be home from the hospital in just a day or two.

In the meantime mom's had lots of visits from daughters and loved ones. The ICU waiting room has become a very familiar place for my family. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be going through this if I did not have my sisters. We are like sailors on a ship in a rough ocean, always encouraging each other, remembering funny events to keep our spirits up, and most of all just hanging on together for dear life.

Comments