Skip to main content

Along County Road 256 - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Along County Road 256
6x8 inches
Oil on canvas panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid. (Starting 10/25 @ 8PM)
Opening bid just one penny!


 Over the weekend, my wife went to a baby shower for one of her friends that was way out in the country. Never one to pass up the opportunity to explore a new area and get in a little painting, I volunteered to drive her and our daughters to the shower. Once I dropped them off, I quickly went to work searching for a good location to paint. There where so many places I wanted to paint that my decision on what to paint came down to finding a good spot to park the car and paint from. For this spot, I found a nice little area on the shoulder of County Road 256, right under a nice live oak tree for some shade. There were many things that made me want to paint this view. First, was the great clouds we had in the sky. The added benefit of this was the wonderful cast shadows going across the foreground from them. And, finally, the occasional cow wandering through the field made me really want to capture this scene.

To see more of my paintings visit my web site here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...