Along County Road 256 - Original Oil Painting by George De Chiara

Along County Road 256
6x8 inches
Oil on canvas panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid. (Starting 10/25 @ 8PM)
Opening bid just one penny!


 Over the weekend, my wife went to a baby shower for one of her friends that was way out in the country. Never one to pass up the opportunity to explore a new area and get in a little painting, I volunteered to drive her and our daughters to the shower. Once I dropped them off, I quickly went to work searching for a good location to paint. There where so many places I wanted to paint that my decision on what to paint came down to finding a good spot to park the car and paint from. For this spot, I found a nice little area on the shoulder of County Road 256, right under a nice live oak tree for some shade. There were many things that made me want to paint this view. First, was the great clouds we had in the sky. The added benefit of this was the wonderful cast shadows going across the foreground from them. And, finally, the occasional cow wandering through the field made me really want to capture this scene.

To see more of my paintings visit my web site here.

Comments