Skip to main content

Lake Worth Harbor - An original oil painting by George De Chiara

Lake Worth Harbor
6x6 inches
Oil on Canvas Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.
Opening bid just one penny!


 I must have driven by Lake Worth a hundred times while my wife and I were dating. In order to get to her house from where I lived, I had to drive over the bridge that's just a stones throw from where I did this painting. Somehow, I forgot this lake existed after we got married and moved. Then, yesterday, I was in the mood to go out and paint, but where...? Whenever I get stuck with this question, I usually go to Google maps and do a virtual search for places to paint. That's when I noticed this lake again and the promising looking boat harbor, so I grabbed my painting gear and headed out. It turns out the harbor is private property, so I had to find a different location to paint from. I've gotten pretty use to running into situations like this, so I had already scouted out a few other possible locations to paint from on Google maps. Luckily, the public boat ramp isn't too far from the harbor, so that's where I painted from. A few minutes after I started painting, a gentlemen came up to introduce himself and see what I was doing. It turns out he's an artist too and invited me to paint from his house and pier when ever I want to. It looks like his pier has a great view of the lake, harbor and a few of the other boat houses on the lake. I can't wait to go back and paint from there. Until then, here's the painting I did from the shore.


To see more of my paintings visit my web site here.

Comments

Sheriart said…
Love this one George. Beautiful job.

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...