Skip to main content

Monarch Butterfly Painting at Dutch Art Gallery

“Winged Royalty” ©2011 Barbara J. Mason
16"x20" ” carved watercolor painting

This time of year I love seeing the monarch butterflies just before they migrate south to warmer climate. Their free spirited flight and bold colored wings are captivating to watch. In this painting I have carved and manipulated the paper to give the butterfly wings a 3-d effect. When the image is viewed up close different portions project and stand out from the background. Your eyes are suddenly following along with the movement of the paper folds creating a colorful pattern of flight, much like that of the "winged royalty" monarch butterfly.

I have several of these uniquely "carved watercolor paintings "available at

"Spirit of Texas" art exhibit at Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas, TX.
The exhibit is open from Nov. 4th through Dec. 31st, 2011.
Opening Reception: November 5th, 11am-4pm
E-mail Barbara Mason@: art4dragonfly@aol.com for more information on her carved watercolor paintings.

Or,
to see more of Barbara Mason's contemporary watercolor and pastel paintings,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...