Dutch Barns - An original oil painting by George De Chiara

Dutch Barns
9x12 inches
Oil on Linen Panel
by
George De Chiara

Click here to bid.

To get this painting, I actually used two different reference photos that I took somewhere in the Midwest many years ago. I liked the landscape in one of the images and the building structures in the other. That is one of the few advantages to working from photographs. If I had painted this from life I would have had to choose between the barns or the landscape I liked, but probably wouldn't have been able to use both. I took a lot of photo reference over the years, and, for all I know, the two I used could have been hundreds of miles away from each other. I can't remember exactly where these barns are located any longer, but I think they are along the Illinois/Wisconsin border.

To see more of my paintings visit my web site here.


Comments