Toreador Red Rooster Painting by Texas Artist Nancy Medina

Toreador Red Rooster
by Nancy Medina
11X14
Oil on Linen Board


Toreador Red Rooster is the newest painting in Flower Mound Studio, based on the chicken family that resides at San Juan Bautista Mission in Central California. Carlos and I visited the Mission, one of the oldest in California, when I was in Carmel for a workshop last spring. The chickens were everywhere, running about and scratching for corn and generally making it clear that they had lived there much longer than most people. Even with my poor photography skills, I was really happy with the few photos I got of these busy, colorful birds. Visit my art blog to see photos from the tour of the historic mission - a place that has inspired artists for over a hundred years.


Comments