Get With It!


End Of The Road    9x12

The month has slipped by, and I haven't posted since putting up some of the paintings from my Big Bend trip.  Things were pretty intense when I got back, trying to get caught up with what had been left undone while I was gone, taking care of business, and just getting outside to paint.  I just returned from a week of painting down on the coast.  Port Aransas, Aransas Pass, Rockport, Fulton Beach.  The weather was great, and I was ready to get away and just focus on painting, again.

I found this subject while cruising through an old Port A neighborhood in the late afternoon. There are several reasons I named this one "End Of The Road". One is where it's situated, and another is that both houses are soon to be torn down in the continuing city renewal mandate process.  It's sad to see that the old Port A that I grew up loving has all but disappeared.  Anyway, I'm happy to have painted this and another soon to be wrecked cabin.  I'll show you that one tomorrow.  From what I was told by the neighbors, these three are probably gone by now.


By the way, if there's something you've been wanting to get done for a long time, …get with it!  Doesn't matter what age we are, time is shorter than we think, and everything passes and changes.

Comments