Intermezzo Poppy Solo by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina

Intermezzo Poppy Solo
by Nancy Medina
6X8
Oil on Linen Board
Purchase Information

Nancy Medina Web Site

Intermezzo Poppy Solo is a new study in the studio today. I wanted to see if I could produce the variation in color using just a few pigments and one large brush - especially because red can be so darn hard to photograph. Usually when I finish a painting, I take a photo of it and look at it on the viewfinder. Then I put the camera away, and correct all the little things I thought needed adjusting in the viewfinder. Looking at the painting through the camera lens, and then the image the camera produces on the small screen, always helps me see things I've missed, or areas that could do with some boosting or brighter color. Time to wash up the brushes now and get ready for Pugapalooza for DFW Pug Rescue. We have a big day ahead. Studio director Annie's got a bonnet contest to enter...!

Comments