Stolen Blossoms Yellow Roses by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina

Stolen Blossoms Yellow Roses
by Nancy Medina
10X10
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Purchase Information

Nancy Medina Web Site

Stolen Blossoms is a new little rose painting in the studio and comes with a bit of a confession. Or a question rather. If your neighbor's climbing yellow roses drape beautifully and dramatically over the fence and into your back yard, is it okay to cut a few and use them as studio models? Is this infringement on neighbor gardening copyright perhaps? I'm already finding ways to justify my flower philandering - if I make a pretty little print card out of the painting and present the card to the neighbors as a gift, would that make my wayward behavior more socially acceptable? What if I admitted I waited until after dark to clip the roses. Does that make me even more guilty?

The studio models take a bow (and one collapses...)

Comments