First Bloom Sunflower by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


First Bloom Sunflower
by Nancy Medina
8X10
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas


Our first sunflower of the season bloomed in our back yard today. It's a pretty little thing, and I've shared it with you on my art blog. It has long, finger-shaped petals and a necklace of bright yellow and brown spotted pearls around its belly. The petals are all different shapes and some are long and some are short and some are missing and others line up nicely. This is exactly how I like to paint sunflowers. 

Tomorrow I will be driving to East Texas to spend some time with my Mom, who is not doing well. Her health has been deteriorating for some time, and the doctor today she may now be in congestive heart failure. We'll stay up late and watch true crime TV and she can show me all the shows she taped that she saved for me to watch because they were so good. It will be absolutely wonderful.

Comments