"Harbor Moon" - Thaw Malin iii

"Harbor Moon"

"Harbor Moon", this is a small painting, 6" x 8", oil on canvas panel.

At different times, I have sailed by, walked by, driven by, gotten close and moved afar to view this black hulled vessel. The large shape and oh so dark a black is not a color subject I would normally choose. But the mystery of ship drew me to it. I chose an evening with a falling breeze and donned my winter gear to keep me warm in the cold of the shadows as I worked. The ticking time bomb of the leaving light kept me focused and working fast. Painting from top to bottom, as I got to the details of docks and boat, the moon unexpectedly appeared. While it climbed the heavens as I moved my paints, I held my breath for fear my time was up and it would disappear before it reached it full splendor just about the eastern cloud bank...

If think you'd like to purchase this piece, please click Go to my Auction, bidding starts at $100.00 USD.

Subscribe to my "New Paintings" mailing list. Each day that I create a new painting it will be sent to your email box. Other works found at Thaw Malin Art

Comments