Shades of White Lilies and Red Berries by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Shades of White Lilies and Red Berries
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Oil on Panel


Shades of White Lilies and Red Berries is the newest work in Flower Mound Studio, as we continue to celebrate my new red vase *sound of trumpets*. The first time I knew I'd be painting the vase was on my way to teach a class in North Texas. I studied all of the red and maroon cars and trucks I passed along the way, thinking about what shades would be most striking lying next to one another (my students know, this is where I say "lay the color next to, but not on top of, the shade next to it, and blend only where they touch!") Fight the urge to blend blend blend and let those pure color notes to shine! Here's to shining over the holiday season to come - be colorful, and don't let anyone dim your wattage!



Comments