French Tulips by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


French Tulips by Nancy Medina
18X18
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas


It's been a super busy few days. I'm not quite sure what's in the wind, but the unseasonably warm weather has brought good tidings for Flower Mound studio. Two of my workshops are now full, and new paintings are heading to homes and doctor's offices in South Carolina, Australia, Texas, Tennessee, North Carolina and Maryland. The hubby and I paid a visit to Central Market today *insert sound of harps* to pick up a few things Mom said she's been craving. Pate, fresh bread, a scrumptious bleu cheese log, and the makings for lasagna from scratch filled our cart. But I could not depart the premises without these divine French tulips! I carried them lovingly to the register, worrying that the clerk would set them down on the counter, bruising their lovely petals. Fortunately, I found a sensitive soul ringing up my canned goods. She handled these white blossoms with love and tenderness as she scanned the price tag *gulp* and handed them to me as if they were made of hand blown glass. Painting them today, my French tulips opened so quickly and peaked so rapidly that by tomorrow morning, I will have to bid them adieu. I'll be taking homemade lasagna to the farm in the morning. The hubby made it from scratch for Mom, but I get to be the hero carrying it into her house! *sound of trumpets* Such good things, these small glories, and tomorrow I can hardly wait to see Mom again.



French Tulips on the easel....

Comments

Unknown said…
Your tulips are beautiful, full of color and light, I love.