"Shades of Americana" (Oil Study) by Kyle Wood

"Shades of Americana"
6" x 8" Oil Study by Kyle Wood

Here is a small painting that I completed a few days of ago of a scene around Waxahachie, Texas.  Working from photographs, I did a small study of one of the historical homes in Waxahachie, Texas.  The main purpose of the studies is to work out a composition and idea for a larger, more refined painting.  Here I am not too concerned about details, but rather with overall form, structure, massing, and color objects.  
For 2013 and perhaps beyond, we are moving in a different direction with my art.  After evaluating some of my past works, I have decided to place more emphasis on painting architectural vignettes.  The architectural paintings that I have done in the past, seem to be stronger in composition and design overall, so this is main reason why I am moving in this direction.  One of the goals is to eventually to turn some of these architectural vignettes into a narrative they tells a story about someone or about an event(s) that took place here.
To see more paintings of mine, please visit my website at www.kwoodfineart.com.
Here, you will find a selection of my work available for sale as prints.

Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful day!

Comments