Barbara Jones Fine Art

"The Good Feelings of Pottery"   Oil    12x16
Sold
 
Greetings from my Studio.
 
This was my first attempt at painting a black Indian pot and I cheated a little bit.
 I chose to paint the carved design only on the upper section of the pot.  This allowed me to have a nice black shiny surface on which to put my reflected lights and highlights.  Keeping the pot less busy seemed like a good idea and I believe it worked.  I used the same blue green in the blanket and the color of the garlic for the highlights and reflected lights on the pot.   
 
 
Close up of my highlight.
 
Close up of the Indian blanket.
 
 
 
Close up of garlic and reflected light.
 
Please visit my website at
 www.BarbaraJonesFineArt.com to view my work,
 check out my workshop schedule or sign up for my newsletter
 

Comments