Harborside Drive



Harborside Drive
Galveston, Texas
6 x 6
Oil on Panel
Randall Cogburn
Framed: Randy Higbee La Paz floater frame 
w/gold lip.

Click to Purchase on eBay Buy it Now.

This particular painting has had a nice history to it. It's actually traveled quite a bit and went to an Art Show in California at the Randy Higbee 6x6 Show in Costa Messa. I will tell you a little about the painting and some history. The boat in the background used to be a live-aboard and for a longtime it was anchored in what's called Offats Bayou. It's more like a big Bay with marina and housing boat launch area etc. Well it had taking a beating from a recent hurricane that hit Galveston. When I visited after the storm this boat was actually on top of dry land about 3-4miles further down the Bay. This boat is actually pretty big over 40feet. Years later it popped up. It was interesting to find it here in this dry dock that repairs boats. When I visit the Gallery here in Galveston I usually go down the Harborside Drive and this scene is located right between two big buildings and if you don't look for it while driving you'll pass right by it. I'm always on the lookout for something to paint and this caught my eye immediately. It's been on my wall for a while now and I thought it's time to put it up for sale in hopes of becoming someones little jem on there wall.

Comments