Skip to main content

Neighborhood Watch ~ Coronado Island Cottage by Floral Artist Nancy Medina


Neighborhood Watch
Coronado Island Cottage
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Oil on Archival Panel



Neighborhood Watch ~ Coronado Island Cottage is based on one of the outdoor scenes and interesting floral dramas of my favorite island just off the coast near San Diego, California. Visiting the island and seeing the rose and flower gardens and arbors is a feast for the artist's soul. Each spring when we visit I get out my Annual Flower Show Map and direct the hubby up and down the winding streets in search of blue ribbon gardens. Upon spotting some delectable rose arbor or delphinium bed, I shriek "STOP!" and the hubby finds a place to park while I leap out of the still rolling car barely able to focus my camera. After several gazillion dozen photos of each scene, I return to the rental car in triumph, only to find the hubby hiding behind a map pretending not to know the crazy woman with the Nikon marching all over the immaculate Coronado lawns. I suppose there is some truth to his mortification, since each time I try to hail a cottage owner to announce I am smitten with their garden, they scurry off inside and hide themselves until I wander away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ROUTE by Linda Popple

6x6 Oil and Wax on Panel For purchase information click  HERE .

Jimmy Longacre_subjective realist landscape paintings_CHICKEN IN THE BARN

From a stretch outside San Marcos  where the old way is still hanging on. CHICKEN IN THE BARN ©Jimmy Longacre 2016 6X8 oil on canvas panel Jimmy Longacre subjective realist landscape paintings MY WEBSITE MY BLOG: Paintbox & Easel GALLERY LINKS Fredericksburg Art Gallery Fredericksburg TX Mustang Island Art Gallery Port Aransas TX Capital Fine Art Gallery Austin TX

Taylor Cutaway by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

Taylor Cut Away by Laurie Pace Sold    Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."    I have not posted here often but will be stopping by. Seems like Texas Artist Barbara Haviland has kept this blog strong.  I will stand in solidarity with her and encourage our other AOT members to join in again.  This Blog was ranked #16 out of the top 80 blogs. My personal one was number #13 in rank.  Texas has some really great artists and I am blessed to be one of them. I know if you see this today, it is really REALLY cold here in Texas.  I am north of the Dallas Ft Worth Metroplex closer to Oklahoma and I am not leaving the house still today!! Stay safe in your journey of today. Praying for all of you that see this blog and read it.  May you be blessed with God's love and great mercy.  Laurie Pace aka Elle Pace WAOW, AOT, OPA Ellepace.com   W...