Jimmy Longacre_Texas impressionist landscape paintings_RAINY DAY COLOR


Painted during a steady light drizzle, in the Port Aransas Plein Air competition.  I't's interesting how the light coming through an overcast reverses the usual order of things from warm influence in the light with cool shadows, to warm shadows and cool influence in the light.  I've noticed that if I pay attention to this phenomenon, it will sometimes produce rather beautiful color relationships. When I don't the result often has an inert, depressing feeling.  If I can choose, I prefer the sunshine, but I enjoy the surprises that can come from observing the light on a cloudy day. 

RAINY DAY SUNFLOWERS
©Jimmy Longacre 2013
12x16 oil on canvas panel

Jimmy Longacre
Texas impressionist landscape paintings


GALLERY LINKS

Comments